USF delays spring break dates, shifts to remote delivery after break and for final exams

With the new adjusted schedule, spring break will now be from April 12-18. ORACLE PHOTO/LEDA ALVIM

As a way to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, USF adjusted its academic calendar for the spring 2021 semester to shift spring break from mid-March to mid-April and deliver the final two weeks of classes and final exams remotely.

Originally scheduled for March 15-21, spring break will now be from April 12-18. The university will also transition all instruction and final exams after the break to remote delivery to reduce the risks from students, staff and faculty traveling during the week and potentially spreading COVID-19.

“The University of South Florida continues to prioritize the health and well-being of our university community as we develop plans for the spring semester,”  USF President Steven Currall said in a press release.  “We remain committed to making evidence-based decisions that support academic continuity and a safe environment for student and faculty success.”

The recent changes to the spring academic schedule will not impact the start and end dates of the semester. The spring semester will start Jan. 11 and end May 6.

This is a developing story. Stay with The Oracle for more updates