Men’s golf wins tournament in record breaking fashion

SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE/GOUSFBULLS.COM

Playing in a field of 15, USF dominated the Quail Valley Collegiate Invitational in Vero Beach, Florida. 

With four Bulls finishing in the individual top-15, USF shot a school-record 44-under-par and shot a tournament record team total of 820 for a 19-shot victory, with second place Michigan State shooting 25-under-par.

“I don’t know what kind of got into them, but I like it,” coach Steve Bradley said. “We got off to a solid start today and the teams that were behind us were playing pretty well. We turned to the back nine and just turned it on. It was awesome to see.”

USF’s Claudio Correa came in second place individually, shooting one stroke below individual winner Felix Palson of Louisiana Tech.

The tournament was USF’s last of the fall, but the other half of its season will pick up again in February.

“It shows you when they play together and they play with a purpose, they’re really good,” Bradley said. “To see those scores and to get that kind of result in that fashion, it’s pretty special, especially knowing you’re going into an offseason.

“Hopefully it inspires them to work hard this offseason and to come out in the spring and show what they’re capable of doing more.”

Potential cold game on the horizon for Bulls football

The American announced that the rescheduled game between USF and UConn on Nov. 4 will be played at either 3:30 or 7:15 p.m. in Pratt and Whitney Stadium in East Hartford, Connecticut.

If the game is played at night, temperatures could be in the low 40s, according to the Weather Channel’s 10-day forecast. The Bulls haven’t played a November or December game north of Memphis, Tennessee since they lost to Rutgers 31-6 in Piscataway, NJ on Dec. 7, 2013.

The game, which was originally scheduled to be played Sept. 9, was rescheduled due to complications associated with Hurricane Irma.

Salute to service uniforms to make 2017 debut Saturday

Junior linebacker Anthony Bekoin served in the marines for five years. Now, the 27-year-old Bull will lead USF out of the tunnel on Saturday carrying an American flag — as he always does — donning an Army inspired camouflage uniform for the Bulls “Salute to Service” game against Houston.

The special camouflage uniforms that’ll be worn against Houston are the same ones that were worn by USF last season against Navy.