USF football is bowl bound, but where will it land?

Typically used as a baseball stadium, Marlins Park in Miami gets transformed into a gridiron once a year for the Miami Beach Bowl — USF’s favored destination come bowl season. SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE

With the regular season complete after Thursday’s 44-3 rout of rival Central Florida, the USF football team now turns its attention to the long list of bowl possibilities.

The Bulls (8-4, 6-2) will all but certainly remain in state for the postseason, meaning there are four potential destinations with AAC ties for them to play in. Here is a look at where they might end up:

Miami Beach Bowl

Who: AAC vs. Conference USA

Where: Marlins Park, Miami

When: Dec. 21, 2:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Potential opponent: Western Kentucky (10-2)

The skinny: This seems like the favorite potential landing spot for USF. By all indications and rumblings from those inside the program, the Bulls want to travel for a bowl game and this would be the most ideal situation. It also opens up recruiting possibilities, with a hot bed of prospects from the South Florida area getting an opportunity to see the team up close.

St. Petersburg Bowl

Who: AAC vs. Conference USA

Where: Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg

When: Dec. 26, 11 a.m. (ESPN) 

Potential opponent: Marshall (8-4)

The skinny: For local fans, this is likely the preferred option. Plus, with the advantage of having the hub of the fan base just across the Howard Frankland Bridge, attendance would likely be solid. The Bulls played in the inaugural game in 2009 — then the magicJack St. Petersburg Bowl — and soundly defeated Memphis 41-14.

AutoNation Cure Bowl

Who: AAC vs. Sun Belt

Where: Citrus Bowl Stadium, Orlando

When: Dec. 19, 7 p.m. (CBS Sports Network) 

Potential opponent: Georgia Southern (8-3)

The skinny: Not only is this the first bowl game on the schedule, it is also in its inaugural year. Why not make a splash and go after a red-hot team from just a few hours away? Although it seems Miami Beach and St. Petersburg will end up fighting over USF, it can’t hurt Cure Bowl officials to make their push, especially after Bulls fans traveled in decent numbers on Thanksgiving for the UCF game.

Marmot Boca Raton Bowl

Who: AAC vs. Mid-American Conference

Where: FAU Stadium, Boca Raton

When: Dec. 22, 7 p.m. (ESPN) 

Potential opponent: Toledo (9-2)

The skinny: This is another bowl making its debut on the campus of Florida Atlantic University, but it doesn’t seem as well suited for USF. Though the Bulls could still wind up in Boca Raton, the more logical choice would be to invite a northern team like No. 20 Temple — which travels to Houston for the AAC championship game Saturday — or Connecticut.