UCLA quarterback eyeing transfer to USF

With former starting quarterback Mike White now playing at Western Kentucky, coach Willie Taggart may add UCLA quarterback Asiantii Woulard.  ORACLE FILE PHOTO/ADAM MATHIEU

Coach Willie Taggart could add another player to his quarterback carousel in the coming weeks, as reports have surfaced that one-time USF commit Asiantii Woulard has expressed interest in transferring to USF.

Woulard was ranked as a four-star recruit coming out of Winter Park High School and committed to the Bulls twice before his final de-commitment shortly after the firing of former coach Skip Holtz in December of 2012. 

After failing to play his way off the bench in two seasons at UCLA, JuCo Football Forer initially reported Monday that Woulard had interest in transferring to USF. 

After slipping to third string this past year, Woulard announced in early June he would leave the program.

Woulard sent a Tweet on Monday that read: “I’ve made no decision. I don’t know what’s going on.”

He will have to sit out the 2015 season due to NCAA transfer rules as long as he transfers to another FBS school.

Pair of Bulls make professional debuts

After pitching as a starter for his entire career at USF, Jimmy Herget came out of the bullpen in his professional debut in a save situation for the Billings Mustangs on Saturday.

Herget continued his dominance from his time at USF, striking out two batters and walking one in a scoreless ninth inning. 

Unlike Herget, former USF closer Tommy Peterson has grown accustomed to pitching at the tail end of games.

Peterson pitched a scoreless eighth inning for the Gulf Coast League Nationals on Monday in his first professional appearance.

Former USF pitcher Casey Mulholland has yet to pitch at the professional level, but was assigned to the Arizona League Dodgers.

Cincinnati kick time announced

After playing a Friday night game at Paul Brown Stadium last season, USF and Cincinnati will once again play under the lights when the teams match up at 8 on Nov. 20 at Raymond James Stadium.

The game will be one of three Friday games for the Bulls this season, with the first coming against Memphis at Raymond James Stadium on Oct. 2 and the last against UCF on Nov. 27.

The Bulls’ game against the co-defending conference champion Bearcats will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network.