Wiz Khalifa headlines USF homecoming

Performers for this year’s USF Homecoming week were announced Friday evening, the biggest name of which is rapper Wiz Khalifa.

Homecoming week will begin Oct. 21 and end Oct. 26, the day USF’s football team will face No. 7 Louisville at Raymond James Stadium.

The first performance, announced by the Center for Student Involvement at Friday’s Bull’s Nite Out event, will be by comedian DeRay Davis at the Stampede Comedy Show. Davis is known for his work in movies such as “21 Jump Street” and “Barbershop.” His performance will begin with an opening by comedian Brandon T. Jackson, seen in movies such as “Tropic Thunder” and “Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son.”

The main performance, featuring Khalifa will be at the Homecoming After Party on Oct. 25 following the Homecoming Parade. The event will take place at Fowler Field.

Khalifa, known for hit singles “Young, Wild & Free,” “No Sleep” and “Black and Yellow,” has been nominated for several Grammy Awards. Since his third studio album, “Rolling Papers,” reached the No. 1 spot in both the R&B/Hip-Hop and the Rap album categories on Billboard, Khalifa has won the Best New Artist award by BET in 2011 and the Top New Artist award by the Billboard Music Awards in 2012.

This year’s theme for Homecoming is “There’s No Place Like Homecoming.” The Center for Student Involvement was not available for comment by the time of print.

Reporting by Alex Rosenthal