Bulls look for first home win in almost a month

The USF men’s soccer team is coming off a draw in its first American Athletic Conference matchup against No. 22 Connecticut as the Bulls head into their second consecutive home match tonight at 7:30.

California State Bakersfield comes into Tampa looking for its first win in almost a month whereas the Corbett Soccer Stadium hasn’t seen a men’s soccer win since Sept. 2 against Stetson.

The Roadrunners (2-4-1) had their last win Sept. 8 on the road at California Davis.

USF (2-1-4) heads into tonight’s match with draws being the theme for this season.

The draw against UConn made for the Bulls’ fourth of the season, but it was a draw that USF coach George Kiefer said he was happy, given the Huskies’ ranking.

USF junior forward and first year Bull, Kennedy Selorm Adablah scored the lone goal for the Bulls in the UConn match and has proven to be a consistent scorer in a seemingly stagnant season.

The Ghana native leads the Bulls in scoring with four goals on the season, matching Bakersfield leading scorer, sophomore midfielder Eduardo Calzada.

The Roadrunners haven’t experienced an overtime match this season.

Allowing 10 goals in the second period, compared to USF’s three, could be the cause of that.

With USF averaging less than five shots in regulation per game, tonight’s match could make for an opportunity for the Bulls to put up more shots against a team struggling late in matches.

As the Roadrunners look to gain momentum heading into a three-game road stretch, USF will be looking to give its fans at home a win. Tonight’s match will lead into the rest of conference play for the Bulls as they head to Memphis, Tenn. on Saturday.