No. 25 Bulls play No. 19 Gators, highest ranked opponent this season

USF takes its new No. 25 ranking into Gainesville tonight to face off against No.19 Florida.

The Bulls (26-14) take on the Gators (22-19), who will be the first ranked opponent the Bulls have faced since the weekend of April 5 in the series against Pittsburgh where USF won with a series sweep.

While USF may have performed well in national spotlight against Pittsburgh, Florida will be the highest ranked team USF has played all season despite USF having a better record.

Both teams enter this matchup riding a winning streak. USF has rattled off 12 wins in a row, and UF has won eight of its last nine games.

Though Florida has the home field advantage, USF has momentum on its side, having not lost a road game since March 30.

USF has won three games in extra innings in the past week alone, largely a contribution of junior center fielder James Ramsay.

Ramsay was named to the Big East honor roll for the past week and the center fielder batted 8-24 with an RBI and three doubles in four games for the Bulls. Ramsay batted .312 through the year along with three home runs and 27 RBIs.

Whether Florida’s higher ranking is based on reputation or strength of schedule, USF will get to take a swing at the Gators tonight at 7 p.m.