Thanksgiving in Tampa: What to do while stuck at school

Though classes are cancelled for the Thanksgiving holiday, there will still be a few students lingering in the ghost town that will be USF. The Oracle has compiled some interesting things for
students to do in the Tampa area if heading back home to eat Grandmas green bean casserole is not on the Turkey Day to do list.

1.The Tucci Foundations Second Annual Gobble Wobble Thanksgiving Eve
If students want to take an untraditional approach to Thanksgiving, what better way than to walk a red carpet and dance to professional DJ mixes? This event, which is held at Mangroves at 208 Howard Blvd. serves the community and is disguised as a red carpet and paparazzi event. Students can spend the night before Thanksgiving partying to benefit Toys for Tots, a charity that gives Christmas gifts to underprivileged children in our area.

The cost to enter the event is either $10 or an unwrapped gift, and the party kicks off at 9 p.m.

2.Tampa Bay Times Turkey Trot
While most people will be gorging themselves with mass quantities of food, the Tampa Bay Times Turkey Trot will be giving the rest of Tampas inhabitants the opportunity to run a one mile, 5K or 10K race. These annual events are a healthier alternative to students who prefer to stick around and want to benefit charity at the same time. The race, which is set to begin at Keene Road,
except the 5k, and end at the Jack White Stadium at Clearwater High School, will benefit multiple local charities from Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Pinellas County to the West Florida Y Runners Club.

3.Macys Thanksgiving Day parade
For the college homebody, there is nothing better than being able to gather a few friends and hopefully family around.

Relaxing at home will allow students to be able to catch the 86th Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Avoiding holiday travel will save major headaches, and students will still be able to get their fill of
holiday tradition.