Four ways to rock the vote

Between classes, jobs and other obligations, not all students will have the time to wait in line on Election Day to cast their vote. But regardless of time constraints, there are many ways to have ones voice heard.

Early voting
Early voting is a convenient option for those who will not have the time to vote on Election Day. By taking the option of early voting, students will be able to have the experience of going to a designated precinct and voting in a booth while having the convenience of skipping the lines. According to the Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections website, the unofficial voter turnout so far has brought 36,190 early votes.

How to do it:
Find out where your designated early voting location is this is sometimes different from the location you will need to vote at on Nov. 6. During that locations operating hours with the proper forms of ID and cast your vote.

What youll need:
A photo ID
An ID with a signature if it is not a government-issued ID

Absentee Ballot
Contrary to popular belief, absentee voting does not mean the voter has to be homebound, incapacitated or overseas in order to request an absentee ballot.

This is a good option for voters who would like to look at the amendments they are voting on. Amendments dont have the most obvious phrasing on the ballots, so having the option to look up non-partisan definitions on the issues placed on the ballots is very helpful when trying to vote conscientiously.

However, the ballot must be received by the Supervisor of Elections by 5 p.m. on Election Day. According to the Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections website, the unofficial voter turnout so far has brought 90,814 votes by mail.

How to do it:
In order to receive an absentee ballot, one must be requested through the Supervisor of Elections. This can be done online for most central Florida counties. You can also call your Supervisor of Elections, but the request must be made before Oct. 31.

What youll need:
Voters date of birth
Voters address
Voters last name

Provisional Ballots
If the Supervisor of Elections is questioning your eligibility as a voter, you dont have to miss out on casting your vote completely.

A provisional ballot is given to voters who have incorrect information on their voters registration, waited to vote at the incorrect precinct or do not have their photo I.D. While this method isnt the easiest, it does still allow you to cast your vote and take part in this years election

How to do it:
This is essentially the same method as regular Election Day voting, however your vote may not be counted for up to 10 days after the actual election.

What youll need:
A photo ID
An ID with a signature

Election Day voting
Election day voting happens on Nov. 6 from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Your voting precinct is listed on your voters registration card, and that is the only place you can go to cast your vote on Election Day.

How to do it:
When voters arrive at the appropriate precinct, they will show their two forms of identification and sign the precinct register. The voter will then be handed a paper ballot and a pen, which they will take into the booth to cast their vote.

What youll need:
A photo ID