Finish summer strong this Labor Day with our picks

Now that students are in the full swing of fall classes, summer is beginning to seem like a distant memory. Labor Day weekend officially signals the end of summer, so Scene and Heard invites you to enjoy the last few days of the season with our “Picks of the Week.”

Friday

Inception: The IMAX Experience

While Christopher Nolan’s visual masterpiece has already been out for several weeks, you should check out its stunning cinematography on MOSI’s IMAX dome before it leaves the theaters for good.

Time: 8:45 p.m.

Location: MOSI

Price: $11.95

Website:MOSI’s IMAX Dome Theater

Toby Keith

Kick off your Labor Day weekend with a twang in what some critics are calling “country music’s rowdiest summer party.”

Time: 7:00 p.m.

Location: 1-800-ASK-GARY Amphitheatre

Price: Lawn tickets start at $25

Website:Live Nation

Saturday

The Pier

St. Petersburg City Council recently voted to tear down this iconic structure, so make the trip before it is gone. Check out The Pier Aquarium and grab a bite to eat at the casual, island-inspired Cha Cha Coconuts.

Time: All day

Location: The Pier, Downtown St. Petersburg

Price: $4 for students at the aquarium; menu items vary at Coconuts

Website:The Pier

USF vs. Stony Brook

Bulls football kicks off this weekend with the return of B.J. Daniels and the debut of new head coach Skip Holtz.

Time: 6 p.m.

Location: Raymond James Stadium

Price: Free for students

Website:USF Athletics

Sunday

Old Skool 3 Labor Day Weekend

Party on Clearwater Beach with local DJs spinning hip hop hits from yesteryear, including live performances by Naughty By Nature and Young MC.

Time: Starts at 12:00 p.m., with concerts in the evening

Location: Shephard’s Beach Resort

Price: $10 before 8 p.m., $20 after 8 p.m.

Website:Shephard’s Beach Resort

Rays Watch Party

While there may be no home game at the Trop this weekend, you can watch the Tampa Bay Rays play the Baltimore Orioles on the big screen at Muvico Starlight 20. Popcorn, prizes and a live broadcast of a pre- and post-game radio show hosted by Rich Herrera add to the mix.

Time: 1 p.m.

Location: Muvico Starlight 20, New Tampa

Price: Suggested donation of $5 gets you admission and a free medium popcorn/soda

Website: None