Have no fear, ‘Glee’ is here

In less than a week, one of the most talked about shows in 2009 returns to Fox for another “gleeful” season.

Winner of the 2010 People’s Choice Award for Favorite New TV Comedy, “Glee” gained attention fast last year with lovable characters, witty humor and infectious music. In fact, its power ballads and upbeat dance numbers catapulted the show’s two albums to sell more than 4 million songs and reach No. 1 on iTunes.

When we last saw the characters, some major changes were going on at McKinley High School. The loveable drama queen Rachel Barry (Lea Michele) and honest jock Finn Hudson (Cory Monteith) fought to keep their relationship alive. At the same time, their Glee Club coach, Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison), first explored his budding relationship with guidance counselor Emma Pillsbury (Jayma Mays), which is sure to complicate his already rocky marriage.

According to the show’s Web site, “Glee” – famous for enlisting the talents of big name actors like Victor Garber and Kristin Chenoweth – packs a powerful lineup this year, adding Broadway actors Jonathan Groff of Spring Awakening and Idina Menzel of Wicked.

Other guest stars include Olivia Newton-John and Neil Patrick Harris, whom are rumored to appear as themselves.

Of course, “Glee” would not be complete without ruthless cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch), who provides some of the best comedic lines in the show. Although the character was fired in the final episode of season one, the heartless villain returns to frighten students with her outspoken honesty and threaten the success of the club.

Fox already released several promos for the show, including a sneak peak of a new “Sue’s Corner” – the sharp dialogue Sue Sylvester does for the local news.

“Glee” kicks off its highly anticipated second season on Tuesday at a special time of 9:28 p.m. To see these clips and find out more information about “Glee,” visit fox.com/glee.