Top five Valentines Day picks

Valentine’s Day typically includes showering others with chocolates, stuffed animals and flowers. But maybe the most essential part is a romantic dinner.

The Oracle gives you five choices, from foreign to traditional, for those on a college-sized budget tonight.

Mr. Dunderbaks

Mr. Dunderbaks is located on Bruce B. Downs Boulevard and is a great choice for students.

The Der Blue Max sandwich – stacked with corned beef, smoked pastrami, Swiss cheese and blue cheese – runs at $6.59 and is just one example of a good choice on the reasonably priced menu.

Mr. Dunderbaks has a nice option of imported wines and cheese. There are no reservations so get their early.

Mimi’s Cafe

Mimi’s Caf, located on North Dale Mabry, offers a Valentine’s Day special that includes an appetizer, two entrees and two desserts for $25.99 – a tidy option for college students.

Mimi’s Caf, open until 10 tonight, has a franchised menu that incorporates Italian, Cajun and Southern cooking. Again, it will be busy tonight, so arrive early.

Ciccio’s Lodge

If you’re in the mood for pizza or feel like treating your date to sushi, Ciccio’s Lodge on Tampa Palms Boulevard is the place to go.

Check out the famous “Lodge Style TV Dinners.” For just $10, this deal will get you a choice of one entre, like Memphis Fried Chicken or sushi rolls, and three sides. Keep in mind: this offer is only available after 5 p.m.

Fushia Asian Bistro

Feel like take-out Chinese? Fushia Asian Bistro is your pick.
With more than 50 seafood, chicken, pork and beef dishes, there is something for everyone. There are also several vegetable and tofu options. All main entrees are served with a choice of soup and rice and average between $10-$13.

Mom’s Place

There’s no better place to eat than Mom’s. No, seriously. Mom’s Place, located on Dale Mabry, is a great choice for its modest pricing, friendly staff and casual style.

This Greek and American diner offers a variety of home-style dishes, including gyros, Greek salads and delicious comfort-style foods.

Insiderpages.com said, “I find it hard to spend more than $5 a visit. Specials include stuffed green peppers, meatloaf, county fried steak, made to order omelets, and a smiling staff of wonderful ladies.”

Mom’s is the perfect choice for those with plans tonight and looking for a late lunch. It closes at 3 p.m.

*****

For more ideas on plans for Valentine’s Day weekend, check “Our Picks of the Week here.”