Bulls extend winning streak to eight matches

The No. 41 USF women’s tennis team took to the courts in strong fashion Sunday against the University of South Carolina Upstate, winning 7-0 and extending its winning-streak to eight matches.

The doubles teams were led by their No. 1’s- Janette Bejlkova and Iciri Rai, winning their set 8-2.

“It was good. We got better with the doubles, and got the (doubles) point which was very important,” Bejlkova said.

The Bulls did just as well in singles as they did in doubles. Rai swept Diana Martinez in the No. 5 match up (6-0,6-0). Sophomore Jessica Zok beat out Susana Hernandez 6-2, 6-3.

“(We did) good. The other team stayed in for a while. They forced long points, but we still managed to win,” coach Agustin Moreno said.

The team has two matches left this season before the Big East Championships – which will be held here in Tampa.

“This is what we work for – to be tournament tough. And that is where we are at,” Moreno said.

The Bulls will look to extend their winning-streak next week against No. 39 Florida International University on Friday and then against No. 36 Virginia Commonwealth University on Sunday.

The Bulls will then have 11 days to prepare for their attempt at a second consecutive Big East title.