Bulls play five at home

After losses to the No. 9 Florida Gators and Florida Gulf Coast University early in the season, the USF softball team regained focus, winning three straight games in the Best Western Tournament. However, with their last game lost to FGCU, the Bulls will look to rebound in the USF Louisville Slugger Tournament at the USF Softball Field this weekend.

The Bulls’ first test will be against the Hofstra Pride on Friday. The Bulls are 9-4 all-time against the Pride and will rely on their pitching to contain the Pride’s best hitter, Kris Root, batting an average of .615 this season.

Hofstra junior pitcher Joanna Kralowetz was recently named the Colonial Athletic Association Conference Pitcher of the Week, posting an ERA of 0.00 in three appearances this season.

The Bulls will also compete against the University of South Carolina, the University of Wisconsin, Georgia Tech and Wright State in the tournament, each of which will come into the tournament with a record of .500 or under.

The Bulls have lost the last six meetings against South Carolina (4-7), and hope to make this their first win in more than 10 years.

The Wisconsin Badgers (5-5) have won three of their last four games. Seniors Ricci Robben and Lynn Anderson lead the Badgers with 12 combined RBIs.

Bulls’ senior Courtney Mosch and junior Britta Giddens go into the tournament with Big East honors. Mosch and Giddens led the Bulls in pitching and hitting in their 4-1 win against the No. 7 Tennessee Volunteers.

The Bulls have seen consistent hitting from Mosch, Giddens, Jojo Medina and Kat Olnick, who led the Bulls to a win against Mississippi.

The tournament will end Sunday against Georgia Tech, with USF leading the all-time series against the Yellow Jackets 14-2.