MEN’S BASKETBALL GAME TIME

USF (5-3) at Richmond (4-4)When: Tonight, 7Where: Robins CenterTV/Radio: None/1250 AM

Riding a five-game winning streak, the Bulls hope to keep their offense in sync at Richmond.

Over the past five contests, USF has averaged 80.2 points per game. The team looks to avenge a 56-46 home loss to the Spiders last season.

The 46 points were the Bulls’ lowest scoring total for all of last season, and tied the team’s lowest amount since managing only 45 against St. Louis on Feb. 7, 1998.

“It’s a whole new ball game this year,” first-year coach Stan Heath said. “We have new personnel, a new style of play and a new coaching staff, so we really can’t take anything away from last year’s game.”

The Spiders shut down USF’s long-range shooting, holding the Bulls to 2-for-13 shooting from beyond the arc.

This season, three-point shooting has served as a strength of the team.

The Bulls went 7-of-14 from the three-point range against UCF and have now hit seven or more three-pointers in six of their eight games.

This total has equaled the number of times that last year’s team made seven or more three-pointers in a contest over the 30-game season. The Bulls lead the Big East in three-point field goal percentage at 45.5 and are tied for fourth nationally.

“We’re going on the road, which is always hard. I’m sure they’re going to have a fired-up crowd,” Heath said. “But we have a little revenge factor going for us after our loss last year.”

The Spiders are led by sophomore center Dan Geriot, who leads the team in points (14.1) and rebounds (5.6).

“I think we feel pretty good going on the road,” said Bulls guard Jesus Verdejo. “We just have to watch out because they run a lot of screens and cuts and play with high energy on the defensive end. Hopefully we can get into an early rhythm and sink our shots.”