BASEBALL GAME TIME

USF (22-9) vs. UCF (16-16)When: Tonight, 6Where: Red McEwen Field

USF hosts UCF tonight for the first of a three-game series in a rivalry that the Bulls lead 48-47 all-time.

USF is coming off its third straight weekend in which it won two of three games in a Big East series. The Bulls beat Connecticut on Friday and Saturday before falling to the Huskies on Sunday. Nine games into its conference schedule, USF is in third place in the 12-team Big East Conference.

After losing their first two Tuesday night games to Stetson and Florida, respectively, the Bulls have won their past four on Tuesday nights.

USF won two of three against UCF last season, with both wins coming in Orlando. This season the Bulls get the Knights at home twice (again on April 17), and they travel to UCF on April 24.

On the mound: Freshman pitcher Matt Quevedo is set to make his seventh start of the season. Quevedo, a graduate from Tampa Catholic High School, is 2-0 and has a 3.51 ERA in nine appearances. Quevedo’s last start was a no decision in USF’s 11-10 walk-off win against FAMU on Wednesday.

Keep an eye on: Shortstop Walter Diaz, who earned his second Big East Honor Roll Award of the season Monday after batting .455 in five games last week. Diaz, a junior transfer from Miami is on a 13-game hitting streak.