MEN’S BASKETBALL GAME TIME

When: Sat., 2 p.m.Where: Allstate ArenaTV/Radio: ESPN 360, 1250 AM

The Bulls travel to DePaul on Saturday for their final game of the season with hopes of ending their six-game losing streak.

USF wraps up a season in which it has won five more games than last year, but with just three wins in conference play, the Bulls will miss out on the Big East Tournament for the second straight year.

Last season, USF finished 7-22 with just one win in the Big East. This season, the Bulls have won three conference games, including an upset of then-No. 21 Notre Dame on Feb. 3.

However, USF hasn’t won a game since beating the Fighting Irish and is now left battling with Rutgers for a 14th-place finish in the 16-team conference.

Saturday’s game against the Blue Demons will be the last for the Bulls’ four seniors – Melvin Buckley, McHugh Mattis, Chris Capko and Melvyn Richardson.

After four consecutive losing seasons under coach Robert McCullum, there’s a possibility that it may also be McCullum’s last game with USF, but he said it’s not up to him to assess his future at USF.

“That’s the responsibility of the administration,” McCullum said after practice Tuesday. “(Athletic Director) Doug Woolard does mention on a number of occasions he evaluates each coach at the end of the season, so I’m sure at some point when the season is over that we’ll sit down and discuss it.”

McCullum’s six-year contract goes through the 2009 season.

The Bulls are coming off a 77-72 loss to Providence on Wednesday night, while DePaul has won four of its last five, including a 58-45 win against Cincinnati on Saturday.

Keep an eye on: forward McHugh Mattis. The senior from North Lauderdale tied the school record for blocked shots in a season against the Friars with his 108th block. Mattis is fifth in the nation in total blocks.