Women’s Soccer Game Time

FAU (0-1-1) at USF (2-0-0)

When: Sun., 1 p.m.

Where: USF Soccer Stadium

The story: After a successful opening weekend to the 2006 season, the women’s soccer team returns to action against in-state rival Florida Atlantic University.

Of the five previous meetings between the two teams, three have been decided by one goal, two went into overtime and one resulted in a tie. The two teams last met on Sept. 18, 2004, and finished tied 1-1.

FAU, the reigning Atlantic Sun Champions, are coming off a tie with No. 25 Virginia Commonwealth. This season the Owls have struggled to find the back of the net, as FAU has only one goal on 29 shot attempts.

Jessica Badders and Megan Coyne have split time at the goalie position for the Owls this year. The duo has surrendered only two goals in 200 minutes of action.

USF will test the combination with an offense that has averaged four goals through two games. Forward Lindsay Brauer has been the catalyst for the Bulls offense as she has amassed five goals and one assist in two games.

The Bulls have won their last three home contests. Goalie Casey Garrett is coming off consecutive shutouts and has stopped eight shots this season.

Keep an eye on: Autumn Browning. The midfielder has scored two goals on four shots this season. With the defense keying in on Brauer, even more scoring opportunities could open up for Browning.