Men’s Soccer Game Time

No. 24 USF (1-1) at N.C. State (1-1-0); USF at No. 9 Duke (2-0-0)

When: Today, 5; Sun. 7:30 p.m.Where: Koskinen Stadium

The story: After suffering its first loss of the season Sunday, the men’s soccer team looks to rebound during the Duke/adidas Classic. The Bulls square off against North Carolina State today, then face No. 9 Duke on Sunday.

The Bulls hope to avoid a repeat of last season’s lone tournament appearance. During the SMU Radisson Hotel Classic, USF lost 3-2 against New Mexico and then fell 2-1 to Southern Methodist in overtime.

Through two games this season, the Bulls have only scored twice. USF has been the victims of excellent goalkeeping this season, as 16 of 34 total shots this season have been on goal. Nationally ranked at No. 24 by www.SoccerAmerica.com, USF hopes to rebound against N.C. State.

Last season during the Duke/adidas Classic, the Wolfpack went 2-0 and won the tournament. The Bulls hope to continue the trend of jumping to an early lead, as both goals this season have come before the 30th minute. USF carries a 3-1 series advantage over the Wolfpack.

Duke acquired USF’s No. 9 ranking after a dominant 4-1 victory over St. Francis. Midfielder Mike Videira was selected to Soccer America’s Team of the Week after scoring three goals and recording one assist. Duke leads the all-time series 3-2.

Keep an eye on: goalkeeper Dane Brenner. Through two games played, Brenner has only surrendered two goals while stopping seven shots. Only Jason Landers of St. John’s and Nick Noble of West Virginia have posted more shutouts in the conference.