Women’s Basketball

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

GAME TIME

Syracuse (7-9, 0-5) at USF (11-6, 1-3)

When: Tonight, 7

Where: Sun Dome

TV/Radio: None, 1250 AM

The story: The women’s basketball team is looking to snap its three-game conference losing streak against Syracuse. After losing their last three games by a total of five points, the Bulls have worked on the fundamentals of the game – passing, defense and rebounding – to get back on the winning track.

“It’s the little things on the court that we aren’t doing,” coach Jose Fernandez said. “So we’ve been concentrating on the little things in practice.”

The Bulls may face the Orange without senior forward Ezria Parsons. Parsons, who was injured in the Rutgers game last week, is questionable for tonight’s contest.

“If we have to play without (Parsons), that will hurt us on the interior and in rebounding,” Fernandez said.

Another issue for the Bulls is their lack of scoring off the bench. USF was outscored 48-3 in a two-point loss to Cincinnati over the weekend, but do boast the nation’s leading scorer with junior Jessica Dickson, who is averaging 25.1 points a game.

Keep an eye on: Vaida Sipaviciute. Syracuse’s 6-foot-4 center leads the team in scoring (18.6 points per game) and rebounding (8.3 rebounds per game). Sipaviciute had a 22-point effort in a loss to Villanova and had a career-high four assists in a loss to Marquette.

– Charles Gonzalez