Men’s soccer

MEN’S SOCCER

Cincinnati (10-5-2, 6-2-2 Big East) at No. 24 USF

(10-5, 8-2 Big East)

When: Saturday, 7:30 p.m.

Where: USF Soccer Stadium

The story: And then there was one.

USF will look to continue its dominance of Big East opponents with a win over the Cincinnati Bearcats on Saturday night. It will be the last match before the Bulls start play in the conference tournament, which begins Nov. 2.

The Bulls have already clinched first place in the Red Division with a victory over the Louisville Cardinals on Wednesday, 4-1. In that game, freshman forward Jordan Seabrook scored two goals, and both forward Rodrigo Hidalgo and midfielder Keeron Benito netted one goal apiece.

USF will receive a first-round bye in the tournament as a result of capturing the top spot in the division.

The 2005 Bulls squad has put up more victories in league play than any other team in school history. Even with No. 14 Seton Hall (12-2-2, 6-2-2 Big East) and No. 15 St. John’s (8-4-4, 6-3-2 Big East) wins and a USF loss, the men can still finish with the highest point total in the Big East (24).

Cincinnati is coming off a hard-fought victory Wednesday over DePaul. The Bearcats won in double-overtime and remained in a tight race with St. John’s for second place in the Red Division and a first-round bye in the playoffs.

Cincinnati will be led by sophomore forward Kenny Anaba, who has nine goals and 21 points on the season, and Omar Cummings, who has seven goals and six assists.

The Bulls will try to keep their offensive momentum with the help of Seabrook, who has an outstanding 11 goals and 27 points on the season, and sophomore midfielder Simon Schoendorf, who has five goals and two assists.

Keep an eye on: Rodrigo Hidalgo. The sophomore forward from Colombia has put up impressive numbers this season, with three goals, nine assists and a team-leading .613 shot-on-goal percentage. Hidalgo was the 2004 Conference USA Co-Freshman of the Year (along with teammate Schoendorf). Look for Rodrigo to be a big part of the offense during the Big East tournament.

– Jeffrey Jones