Pigskin Picks

Hopefully after the weekend no one bothers me anymore with emails about not picking USF to win.

“Have some school spirit,” people wrote in emails.

Thanks, but I’ll stick with common sense.

By the way, there is plenty of time for those of you who haven’t sent in picks to catch up to the leader, who only has five total wins.

And the winner is: Editor in Chief Adam Becker took the title for Week 2 on the staff side with a 3-1 record while graduate student Phil Murray took the title on the reader side.

Murray also leads all readers with five wins on the season.

Lock of the week: UF and FSU will both win this week by large margins. Isn’t it odd to see both teams with a loss this early in the season?

What were you thinking: Everyone on staff picked UF to beat Tennessee last week but the Volunteers proved us all wrong.

Say what you will about Steve Spurrier, but picking the Gators to win was a lot easier when he was running the show.

Olga says: When she read the games on our slate this week, Olga gave her usual, “Okay,” after each game. That is until she saw Clemson at No. 11 FSU.

“Huh?” she said after a slight pause. “I’ve never heard of Clemson. I think you are making that school up.”

Wow.

Thomas picked TCU over USF (17-14), UF over Kentucky, Iowa over Michigan, FSU over Clemson

Adam picked TCU over USF (24-10), UF over Kentucky, Michigan over Iowa, FSU over Clemson

Olga picked TCU over USF (34-7), Kentucky over UF, Michigan over Iowa, Clemson over FSU

Ryan picked TCU over USF (35-14), UF over Kentucky, Michigan over Iowa, FSU over Clemson