Featured Ticket: Work those vocal chords

If sitting back and following the bouncing ball through “This Land Is My Land” is a fond memory of yours, here’s your chance to relive it.

The interactive Sing-A-Long Sound of Music returns to Tampa Theatre for a limited engagement running Friday through Sunday.

The showing starts with a vocal warm-up led by the night’s host and demonstrates use of props and proper movie interactions, such as the best place for boos, cheers and barks.

The main attraction is the screening of the Julie Andrews classic accompanied by subtitles.

The wildest part of the night may not be the out-of-tone singing, swearing, or the use of props that sometimes may be inappropriate for younger audiences, but rather the people and the lengths they’ll go just for a laugh.

Last year, some audience members came disguised as nuns, wearing lederhosen and portraying various characters from the movie.

Watching musicals such as The Sound of Music, Grease and the Oscar-nominated Chicago leave you wanting to join in. At the theatre, unlike crowded multiplexes, singing is not only accepted but expected.

Tickets for Sing-A-Loud Sound of Music are $7.50- 22.50 and are available through the Tampa Theatre box office and Ticketmaster.