MC restaurant reopening delayed by backorders

The opening of a new restaurant on the USF campus has been delayed due to construction.

On Top of the Palms, a new restaurant located on the fourth floor of the Phyllis P. Marshall Center, has pushed back its grand opening date to sometime in February. Robin Crouch, marketing manager for dining services, said the restaurant was supposed to open Jan. 6, but was delayed due to backorders on carpet and light fixtures.

Crouch said the previous restaurant in the Marshall Center, Campus View, is being renovated because “it was outdated in terms of seating and services.”

Campus View will have several changes made to it in order to convert it into On Top of the Palms. The new restaurant will be able to seat 100 people, 30 more than Campus View, according to Crouch.

The restaurant will also be updated to a “Caribbean/Key West feel” with lighter furniture, plantation shutters on some windows and new carpeting and lighting.

Crouch said the menus have not been made yet, but a variety of food options will be available. The buffet line will still be available at the restaurant as well as a new cooking/carving display area and plated selections. The a la cartes will change weekly and the buffet will change daily.

Rates for the meals have not been finalized yet, but Crouch said there will be one price at the door for all selections. Customers using USF flex bucks will receive a discounted rate.

The hours as of now for the restaurant are Monday through Friday from 11a.m. to 2 p.m., Crouch said. The hours are subject to change.

The new restaurant will also be available for catered events through USF catering services during off-hours, said Crouch. For more information go to www.usfdiningservices.com.