Bulls on the road for 9

South Florida baseball begins a nine-game road trip tonight starting with UCF, as the Bulls look to rebound after dropping two of three to TCU last weekend.

This will be the second meeting of the season for the Bulls and the Golden Knights. Behind the resurgent bat of junior Mike Cunningham, the Bulls defeated I-4 rival UCF 9-4 in the first meeting.

Cunningham led the way in the last meeting with three hits, including two doubles and two RBI. The Bulls will look to reintroduce sophomore John Uhl to the starting pitching rotation after being out with fatigue in his pitching arm. Uhl had taken the Sunday leg of the weekend rotation, but USF coach Eddie Cardieri said Uhl will probably get the start on Tuesday, with junior Ryan Gloger staying in the spot filled during Uhl’s absence.

Despite last weekend’s two conference losses, USF still leads Conference USA in batting average with .320, well ahead of Southern Miss at .309. The Bulls also lead the conference in hits, RBI and runs scored, but after last weekend hold the fifth spot in conference play with a 7-5 record.

The Bulls will continue the road trip at Cincinnati for three and continue on with one game at Stetson and another C-USA series at East Carolina before ending with one more at UCF on April 23.